· Reaffirm University’s Dedication to Recycling & Sustainable Culture
o Purpose: Establish that Recycling & Sustainability is important to the University, remind them of past efforts and suggestions that have not been followed up on.
· Investigate Mishandling in the University’s Recycling Program
o Numerous reports by students, as well as the staff of Residence Life & Housing and the Student Union that Recycling has been thrown away when inconvenient
o If so, this is an example of dishonesty to the students on behalf of the University and must be rectified
· Improve Visibility of & Access to the Student Union’s Recycling Program
o The recycling bins have become increasingly difficult to find, even the maintenance people do not know where they are any more
o If students have to work more than twice as hard to find a recycling bin than a garbage can, they are less likely to recycle on account of convenience
· Implement a Recycling Program at the Martin Center
o At a recent USG event, the staff there said there is no recycling program at the Martin Center
o Our event alone purchased hundreds of cans from University Catering Services
· Transfer Handling of the University’s Public Printers from Physical Facilities to Information Technologies
o Will make it easier to convert to Duplex printing campus-wide
· Investigate Alternate Building-Heating Methods into Future Construction
o Every year students complain about the heat, and every year the University responds “sorry, nothing we can do.” So let’s do something about what they can do.
· Discontinue Dining Services’ Contract with Chick-Fil-A
o Numerous University’s proceed us in this ban, on account of equality of treatment of employees/hirings
o The University is dedicated to protecting the civil liberties of all of it’s students
o Students who are still interested in getting Chick-fil-A can go to Howe Road and use their Zipcard.