Ulysses, not The Odyssey

"I cannot rest from travel: I will drink
Life to the lees: all times I have enjoyed
Greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those
That loved me, and alone...
I am a part of all that I have met;
yet all experience is an arch
wherethrough gleams that
untravelled world..."
 This is probably my favorite line from a piece of literature ever. I first heard it when we analyzed a page of it for AP English class back in like, 2007 - and I just felt it captured everything I believed in. Travel, adventure and "zany antics" are only the beginning: there is always more, just beyond the next horizon!

I really love this quote, and over the years it got demoted off my Facebook info section, so I thought I'd enshrine it here for safe keeping so I never forget it again -- considering for the longest time this evening I thought it was in The Odyssey.

P.S: Come on, Snow Day tomorrow! I have a lot to catch up on (as usual)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Analysis: "The Worst Witch: The Movie"

Losing all my Drive

Observations on Captain Kirk's Quarters