A Desperate Need for Structure

Oh snap. I am spiraling into a place I do not want to be, and I don't mean Wisconsin. Since school ended, I'm afraid my life has been increasingly without structure - which can be okay in short periods, especially when you're on summer vacation. But I am not on vacation, life has begun. This is the curtain call, and I'm still figuring out what part I'm going to play.


Without my Senatorship, Governorship, student teaching position, or any job -- there's no "thing" to work toward everyday. I don't have daily goals! WTF. No twenty things to cram into one day. I have a few things I need to do, find a job obviously, but not much.

How does finding a job go you ask? Well I've been applying to schools as I see openings, but there's not much I can do for a summer job because of Circle K's convention. I don't want to apply for a job right now only to have to call off a week right as I'm starting up. I plan to be on the look out, however, immediately upon return.


On the bright side, my sense of "what am I doing with my liiiiiiife" is guilting me into doing SOMETHING every day, and if I'm not getting a job or earning money, I've been running in the park that's practically in my backyard. In the last few weeks, running 3-4 times a week has actually improved my endurance and distance-ability. Hoping to run a 5K in July, and perhaps another 5K before summer is over.

Website of the Day: Spoonflower - a custom fabric printing website. You can browse the random (and often times geeky) selection of custom fabric patterns they already have on file, or you can create and submit your own! That's pretty neat actually, the Star Trek ones are okay, but the Doctor Who ones are Fantastic! This one is probably my favorite, because I love alien languages.


Song of the Day: "Ya Mama (Push the Tempo)" by Fatboy Slim. I really like this song, it was on the original Charlie's Angels soundtrack back in 2000. Not a very complicated song, but fast paced, makes me think of a car chase or spy-chase scene kind of thing. The video is really stupid. Following my "Alias" season 1 marathon, I'm in kind of a spy-y mood.



Video of the Day: I love me some internal continuity! Here's one of the original Charlie's Angels giving Dylan's character some sagely advice, presumably in her role as retired angel, in the sequal "Charlie's Angels 2: Full Throttle." What a stupid name for a movie...



Quote of the Day: I got this off a Criminal Minds video clip, featuring a different original Charlie's Angel as an Ambassador. Don't look too much into this, I think my family is pretty happy overall.
 "Happy families are all alike, but every unhappy family is unhappy in it's own way."
- Leo Tolstoy

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm amazed, I have to admit. Rarely do I encounter a blog that's both equally educative and interesting, and let me tell you, you have hit the nail on the head. The problem is an issue that not enough folks are speaking intelligently about. Now i'm very happy that I found this during my hunt for something concerning this.
Have a look at my homepage : Yeast Infection

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Analysis: "The Worst Witch: The Movie"

Losing all my Drive

Observations on Captain Kirk's Quarters