Why is Jack Frost a Douchebag?

Flipping through channels on this fine snow-filled Saturday morning, I accidentally found "Frosty's Winter Wonderland" (1976) on ABC Family. I'm only catching what I think may be the ending, but wow is this bad. There's a priest snowman? Frosty got married!? When did that happen? (Clearly, in 1976.) But before I could judge too harshly, a Jack Frost character made his required douchbagginess apparent.

Jack Frost from "Frosty's Winter Wonderland" (1976)

Here I guess he was causing mischief and mayhem or something, until Mrs. Crystal theSnowman (?) was nice to him and he became the best man at their wedding?? Riight.

His hair kinda looks like a combination of what I wanted mine to look like -- with that of an anime character from Yu-Gi-Oh! or Digimon or something.

Then a few days ago I caught The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause, with the very annoying Martin Short playing Jack Frost - a mythical figure trying to steal control of the Christmas magic or something. He is also a douchebag, that vaguely resembles an elf.

You have 1996's Jack Frost the murderer douchebag. A serial killer being transported to his execution somehow mixes with genetic-altering chemicals, and becomes a snowman! Cult-classically bad, wikipedia claims it is a staple of frat parties. Guess not being a member of a fraternity, it's not that surprising I did not know that. Admittedly though, I haven't seen this movie in years.


Then of course, there's the 1998's Jack-Frost the negligent-father douchebag who drives himself off a cliff or something, turns into a snow man with a magic harmonica, and spends time with his son for the first time in his life while growing snow-boobs. This is clearly not as malicious as the other Jack Frosts, but he's also not implied to be the mythical figure in anyway.

Well, I'm going to go write some Christmas cards and finish watching Home Alone 2. I don't think I've ever seen this one start to finish? It's reminding me that I want to return to New York City sometimes soon.

Website of the Day: I have a whole blog about this one coming up, but the TVTropes wiki is Hilarious! It's a collection of random references to practically every TV show, brought together by cataloging every running TV cliche in history -- and naming them scientifically, lol. Many of us have heard of "breaking the fourth wall" and "Jumping the Shark" -- but what about Last Name Basis or Cassandra Truth?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Analysis: "The Worst Witch: The Movie"

Losing all my Drive

Observations on Captain Kirk's Quarters