Vulcan utensils from Star Trek: Enterprise "Home"

As a lover of props and making a fictional universe seem realistic, Star Trek: Enteprise did a great job adding new layers to the iconic + historic Vulcans.

I recently stumbled upon YourProps.com, what appears to be a reputable gallery of Star Trek props and/or replicas, with a lot of images I haven't seen before - even things not in the "It's a Wrap!" auctions.

My favorite find would have to be the Vulcan silverware / utensils that T'Pol, Trip and T'Less ate with in "Home." (An episode I've already found especially inspiring in the past, check out my "Eyewitness" artwork here.)




Way back in "Broken Bow", T'Pol noted that Vulcans do not touch their food, cutting a bread stick with a fork and knife. A cool little nod to come up with some interesting alien utensils.


Screen-used props are expensive, so I was super excited that I didn't have to Google "bamboo spoons" very far to realize these are a fairly common and inexpensive Chinese Gong Fu tea ceremony set!



So heads up: you, too, can eat your gespar like a Vulcan by heading over to eBay or Amazon.


For more observations on Star Trek, politics, and whatever TV show I happen to be watching, follow me on Twitter.

Update: Re-watching "The Forge", I noticed that Syrran, T'Pol and Archer eat their oatmeal-porridge with the Vulcan bamboo spoons (with distinctive curvature) from "Home."



Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm pretty sure the fork is a Georg Jensen, Arne Jacobsen fork. Those ere also used in 2001: A space odyssey.

https://www.illumsbolighus.se/inredning/dukning/bestick/arne-jacobsen-bestickset,-4-delar-900448925.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiAys2MBhDOARIsAFf1D1dP556Z4ue3i0K_lr924uw5KSCsmvm3C3Tg5OIOHyFMtYZDI2-6xzcaAv0fEALw_wcB
ebanyandow said…
Custom titanium watches - ITADIAN ARTISTS
Classic titanium drill bits titanium watches designed by a team of professionals. This watches has a custom titanium tv alternative design designed for the use titanium sheet metal of the 실시간 바카라 사이트 샤오 미 stainless steel core. titanium bolts

Popular posts from this blog

Losing all my Drive

Movie Analysis: "The Worst Witch: The Movie"

Observations on Captain Kirk's Quarters