I'll probably regret this blog by the time I turn 30...

A few weeks ago at the bar, I had the unusual issue of having forgotten how old I was. Naturally, this resulted in my friends texting each other warning that I would be texting the lot of them to calculate my age (23) lol. But a recent Tosh.0 video has reminded me how 23 I am, and I wanted to write a blog about being 23 that I forgot to do back in February.


Are there songs about being 23? Why, of course. "What's my age again" by Blink 182 (who's name purportedly comes from originally being Blink, threatened with a lawsuit by an Irish band, they added 182 -- the number of times the word Fu&k is said in one of the band's favorite movies.)

The song "Furr" by Blitzen Trapper supposedly relates to being 23, but it really doesn't.

http://ask.metafilter.com/186811/What-songs-mention-being-23 << Some other songs. Lol, yeah, being kinda lazy, kinda tired, gonna go sleep. Why was age so weird tonight, you might ask? (But probably not, because I really haven't given you much content -- nor context.) Out USG'ing at a Bowling Alley tonight, I realized I was the oldest USG member there (aside from Amanda, who was not a USG member. Time to graduate?ITHINKSO.)

Video of the Day: "An Anthem For The 24-Year-Olds" by Pat Stansik. This song is hilarious, I wish it referred to me, but alas it does not.



Song of the Day: "What's my age again?" by Blink 182. Haha, ironic, because I also forgot my age! Presented on the Now That's What I Call Music! 3, and a 2000 episode of Saturday Night Live, the music video is basically the band running around naked. I really don't understand the urge to run around naked, if it's something you're supposed to have when you're 23 I don't feel it. I do know other people that have had the distinct urge to streak though. I never really understood it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Analysis: "The Worst Witch: The Movie"

Losing all my Drive

Observations on Captain Kirk's Quarters