The Eleventh Hour

Merry Christmas blog-followers, as I was telling Angela the other day -- this year has been so busy with things to do it's almost like I'm too busy living life to blog about it. A dilemma I'm certainly happy to suffer from! I just hope that I remember to enjoy the moment, if I am not documenting them quite as diligently.


The family got together for Christmas at Grandma's yesterday, and the immediate family is all here at home today. David got mom and I gifts for the first time in more than 10 years -- and he got mom cash "to make up for all the years he forgot to get her gifts." Which I thought was bizaare, and I don't think mom quite knows how to react to it, but I'll make sure she spends it on gifty-things for herself. It just seems to go against tradition to get your parents cash for a gift ever. Even gift cards are pushing it, if there isn't some level of thought put into it. Like, "I got you this giftcard to [store] because I know they have the type of shoes you like." etc.



Well, David got me "The Last of Us" -- a video game Game Stop, and people on Tumblr, have recommended to me quite a bit actually, so once I finish this blog and catching up on the Merry Christmas text messages I'll play that until 9:00 p.m. when the Christmas special of Doctor Who airs. Then I'm actually happy to go back to work tomorrow.

Quote of the Day: Mom really wanted to see a movie today, for some reason, so we humored her and saw "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" -- a remake of a 1947 classic about a man (Ben Stiller) who lives a boring life, never having done anything noteworthy and then wants to win the affections of Kristin Wiig - so he trips to Greenland, and Iceland, and the Middle East. It was actually pretty good, it definitely got me thinking and excited for my January trip to Europe!
To see things thousands of miles away,
things hidden behind walls and within rooms,
things dangerous to come to,
to draw closer,
to see
and be amazed.
- The "Motto" of Life Magazine, in the movie.
(Not sure if that's true, or just poetic.)

Song of the Day: My favorite new Christmas-y song this year has been "Sleigh Ride" by Fun. in the album: "Holidays Rule", which doesn't feature as many artists I'm already familiar with, but oh well. I first heard this song while buying 50% off clothes at American Eagle on Black Friday!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Analysis: "The Worst Witch: The Movie"

Losing all my Drive

Observations on Captain Kirk's Quarters