Wisdom Teeth Removal & My Day

So I got all four wisdom teeth removed today, and I have to say my recovery is going much better than I expected because I started out with dirt-low expectations. So part of pre-surgery was not to eat or drink after 12 midnight because I guess some of the medication I was on could have made me vomit during the surgery (super ew.) That was easy enough, not even water though.

So woke up super early, surgery was scheduled for 8:45 -- I go in, leave my dead phone in my coat. Step one is take off my outer button up shirt because I wore too many clothes cause it seemed cold, lol. They put a laughing-gas mask on me, and they ask if I have any questions, and the only question I have is: "So will I have crazy singing/dancing dreams like on Glee?" The nurse chuckled that that was the only question I had, and the Doctor came in, and they commented that they'd never heard of anyone having dreams under anesthesia. So they put a IV-thingie in my arm, and it really doesn't hurt even as much as getting ready to give blood has.


Bam. I don't even remember what happened after that. Gone.

I wake up and seem to be running on auto-pilot, I am sitting in a waiting room and the nurse is explaining things to me and mom is there. I again have the "do you have any questions?" and all auto-pilot Andrew could come up with was something about drinking during recovery, which non-running-on-autopilot would NEVER have asked in front of mom.

Tons of gauze in my mouth, mom drives me home and I watch my recently purchased for less-than-3-dollars Tomb Raider 2: The Cradle of Life. Take my first bit of medication, and the rest of my day has been The West Wing marathon (starting with the first season, considering doing the whole series?) and napping, trying to figure out what I can eat.

Woah! CiarĂ¡n Hinds played the bad guy in Tomb Raider 2, that's where I'd seen him before. He was also former-President Hammond on "Political Animals" this past summer.

Nap felt great, woke up feeling almost back to normal actually. Pain in my mouth got a bit worse, but I feel it's mainly from a breathing tube kinda thing rather than my teeth. I'm not allowed to eat how foods at first cause it could lead to more oozing x_x which is gross. So today has been yogurt and Orange pop-over-Icecreams (not really a milkshake, but I guess an Orange float?)

I finished Uncharted 2 the other day, so I'm going to try to put off Uncharted 3 a few days/weeks, because once it's done, it's done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Analysis: "The Worst Witch: The Movie"

Losing all my Drive

Observations on Captain Kirk's Quarters