Senior Moment

So while passing through the living room this morning, I noted that Betty White was the guest start on mom's watching of The View. Betty White is pretty much recognized as the matriarch of comedy these days, so as I often do, I checked Tumblr to see what kind of entertaining things they would have for her.

I've wondered where this picture of Betty White with a gun comes from,
turns out a second season episode of Boston Legal.

I soon noticed several posts saying that they had "imagined Betty White as Mags..." and I did not know what that was, so I googled a bit, and Mags is I guess an older character in the Hunger Games. And I found this site that spelled out some other actresses Hunger Game-fans (do they have a name?) suggested for the role - and let me just say, that pretty much EVERY old-lady actress I like is on this page, hahaha!

Prof. McGonagall is my favorite
Harry Potter character.
My Favorite Old Lady actresses:
  1. Maggie Smith [b. 1934] (Prof. McGonagall, Harry Potter)
  2. Betty White [b. 1922] (Golden Girls, et al.)
  3. Julie Andrews [b. 1935] (Mary Poppins, etc.)
  4. Kathryn Joosten [b. 1939] (Desperate Housewives, West Wing)
  5. Cloris Leachman [b. 1926] (Touched by an Angel, Wonder Woman)
  6. Lois Smith [b. 1930] (Minority Report, Twister)
  7. Gloria Stuart [1910 - 2010] (Titanic, "Old Rose")
Runners Up
So there you have it! If I am ever in a movie and say, regarding an old lady actress, "Oh! I love her!" you can say "HOLDUPBITC#, she didn't make your list on your blog! #Factchecked."

Quote of the Day: "Everything I've wanted in my life, you get without even trying, and sometimes I hate you for that..." - Patsy, in regards to #AndrewMagic. Love you Patsy! O:D

Song of the Day: "Payphone" by Maroon 5 (ft. Wiz Khalifa.) Considered by HuffPo to be one of the band's most "pop-y singles to date," I didn't really like this the first time I heard it, but lately it's grown on me. Wow though, the video is dumb, and anti-climactic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Analysis: "The Worst Witch: The Movie"

Losing all my Drive

Observations on Captain Kirk's Quarters