Prepping for the 4th

Dang, well June was a dry month for blog posts -- but only because I've been so busy with Circle K and campaign stuff! International Convention in Virginia Beach was a blast, with a million stories to tell another day - suffice it to say, our club came out of it with more than it's share of bruises and tickets.


So it's the weekend before the 4th of July, and I'm planning a barbecue for the 4th itself to meet the neighbors, invite some Stow friends over so that we know people, and invite my friends over to ensure we have a good time regardless of whether any Stow people actually show up! It's also given us a reason to speed along the 'making-the-house-presentable' process. For example, we may get a Patio table and Stereo today. It's under consideration.

I'm a bit stressed out: What if no one comes?! I'll be a party planning failure. And we'll have more bags of chips than we know what to do with.

Video of the Day: Haha, in my LSSP group in Virginia Beach, one of my projects was being handed a box of 60,000 Susan G. Komen paper ribbons to count into piles of 100. And someone in my group had this video on their phone, and it made us all laugh hahaa....




Song of the Day: 


"Judas" by Lady Gaga. So this is probably my favorite song off the Born This Way album, there are definitely a few that stand out as awesome, and a few that kinda merge into "I don't really care"-dom... Judas is awesome. Patsy super-loves the levels of symbolism and intelligence Lady Gaga uses by referencing religion in the song, reminding those who actually look at the song that Lady Gaga is not satan - she's just a catholic school girl turned pop-star.



I will say that the movie to this is not the best. But after "Edge of Glory", it's not the worst it could be!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Analysis: "The Worst Witch: The Movie"

Losing all my Drive

Observations on Captain Kirk's Quarters