Pink Flamingos in the Pool

As with every summer I don't spend in a foreign country, this year has been a dry one for blog posts. It's not even that I don't have the time, I just feel I don't have that much to blog about. I want to keep as much campaign and Circle K stuff off of here as possible for fear of it getting into the wrong hands. And those have pretty much been all the interesting things that have happened lately.

(This is an image from a Katy Perry music video, and not an actual picture from last night. I know in the past there has been some confusion.)

Last night Sarah had a summer party which was fun with some exceptions. A bunch of random people who don't normally come to their parties ended up coming (and a bunch of regulars were no shows, most of them "Andrew's friends.")

So I am crushed that Borders is closing :( I love book stores, I want them to always be around, and I don't want eBooks to take over! And I have a fierce sense of brand loyalty, I will argue with anyone why I like Borders better than Barnes and Noble even if there isn't a real reason. The same goes for why I don't want Blockbuster to fold and give in to Netflicks! But I have to admit, the blogs of Borders employee's I've stumbled across a time or two in the past week have been pretty entertaining and make me think twice about when the customer is right...

Site of the Day: Zug.com, apparently a collection of articles on pranks. The one that got my attention was the guy who signed his name something funny for years waiting for the credit card company to decline something (never did, and the only business to finally ask for his ID was... well, I won't spoil it.) Reminds me of the Txt From Last Night about the guy who signed his reciept Lady Gaga.

Upcoming Movie of the Day: Friends with Benefits.... oh wait, this came out Friday! Dang, this is what happens when I put off writing a blog for so long :-/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Analysis: "The Worst Witch: The Movie"

Losing all my Drive

Observations on Captain Kirk's Quarters