HATCHED: The Premier of 'Born This Way'!

Sorry it's taken a week to blog about this, but it's been a busy week! That's right Little Monsters, last Friday morning Lady Gaga released her long awaited and much anticipated new single off her new album: "BORN THIS WAY." The radio (96.5 in particular) played it every hour on the hour all weekend! Which came as a pleasant surprise as I drove home from Sarah's at 6:59 Friday morning n.n


Then Sunday night, Lady Gaga performed her new song live at the Grammy's for the first time. Never to be out-dressed or out-staged, she arrived at the red carpet being carried "Roman-style" by her back-up dancers, having spent the entire weekend inside of a giant egg, which the egg's designer has labeled a "vessel."


During the Grammy's, I followed the Twitter chatter, watching live updates of things people posted about the Grammy's. It was actually really fun to watch so many people's opinions in real time, it was almost like a massive chat room but without speaking directly at people. WOAH, it was almost like a chatroom of thoughts for the world! Mindblowing! My *FAVORITE* tweet from that experience is my quote of the day below.


Haha, oh I almost forgot. Something that I feel will be elaborated on in the 'Born This Way' music video (due out sometime next week apparently) is the horns on her shoulders and face. (Exploring more, the video could be out as early as Monday or Tuesday actually! Another fun week ahead! :D)

They were present in her next two commercial-break-changed-outfits (lolz) and also the next night on The Jay Leno Show. OH! I watched the clips of Gaga on Jay, and she acted so bitchy to the other guest - but maybe it was just me. It seemed like she was kinda stealing the other lady's thunder. (Haha, watch the video at: The LA Times. They seem to suggest Gaga's got a bit of a girl crush on guest Sofia Vegara. I dunno, I don't see it...)

Quote of the Day: "Lady Gaga went to the VMA's dressed as meat, now she's at the Grammy's in a egg. Two more red carpets and she could be a Denny's Grand Slam." - Person on Twitter that I retweeted, Hahaaa, I laughed out loud at this.

Website of the Day: Haha, while exploring the other things above -- I found this: DrunkDiet.com -- apparently the project of on-again/off-again Lady Gaga boyfriend Luc. How to diet while getting drunk all the time like a rockstar!!? Snookie, something to look into. After I finish this I'll look into it, while I do want to loose some weight, I can't say I drink all that much.

 Song of the Day: "Hold It Against Me" by Britney Spears. (WOAH! Surprise ending!) I kind of want the white and black pants the back-up dancers (that are guys...) are wearing. Spears continues the theme of 'slight chuckle-worthyly clever song titles" (remember "If You Seek Amy"?) with, "If I said I want your body now, would you Hold It Against Me." Note the double meaning. -_- Hm, a blog said seeing it a second time you pick up a bunch more stuff: true. I just noticed that later the back up dancers faces are freaky. Well, here, watch for yourself first:



What is with the "Plenty o Fish" product placement? The real life dating website was first in Telephone, then in another music video that escapes me... but seems more out of place and forced here. Admittedly, I had trouble understanding what this video "meant." Then I read this MTV article on it, realized it was directed by Jonas Ã…kerlund (who directed Gaga's Paparazzi and Telephone!) and they explained it in a way where at least the visuals made a ton more sense. I still don't quite get the connection to the lyrics...
"With lyrics about flirting with a cute guy in a club, the song's video could have been just a straightforward narrative, but instead Spears and Ã…kerlund gave an insider look at celebrity, abstractly hinting at a tale about a pop star who fell from space in a fiery red comment, to find fame here on Earth. Midway through the video, our pop star character becomes overwhelmed by the pressures of fame and, emitting neon paint from her hands, she breaks down. The scene of an exhausted Spears, lying face down, her huge white gown covered in paint, might be one of the most beautiful and artistic in this entire piece."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Analysis: "The Worst Witch: The Movie"

Losing all my Drive

Observations on Captain Kirk's Quarters