Not What You Would Expect

So interesting weekend. Saturday night, Patsy, Kat, Brit, Sarah and I went and saw The Social Network. Hm. That was an interesting movie. It was a good drama, the plot was definitely interesting... but it's been advertised a bit more as a comedy than I would say. Having seen it, I hereby pronounce it "okay." If I could go back, I'd be okay renting it rather than seeing it in theaters. Having read the movie's Wikipedia article on the other hand, the reviewers apparently love it -- but what do they know. They're all giving it full scores (five out of five stars, 4 out of 4 thumb-ups, etc.) and calling it "the movie of the year." Um, I certainly hope not. It had its good parts, but it was pretty boring.

(Movie-actors on the left, Real folk on the right! Cite: This Blog.)

Reminds me of "The Exorcism of Emily Rose" -- which was promoted as a horror/scary movie about an exorcism, but actually more closely resembled an episode of Law & Order, as it was mostly in a court room. Though to be fair, we went into this movie knowing it was going to be a movie about a website. .... -_-

So I called mom the other night, and she mentioned that she had bought a microphone for the laptop so she could record herself playing the clarinet to put onto Youtube. x_x While I fully respect mom's legit impressive self-teaching of how to play the Clarinet from a point of no formal training, I do believe, I don't get her goal of trying to put the videos on Youtube. But the more frusterating part of that is THE LAPTOP HAS A BUILT IN MICROPHONE ><;;;;;


She didn't ask me, David, or the laptop's own Help search bar how to use that microphone, but just assumed when she recorded video that (probably because the sound was muted...) she couldn't hear herself. Oh mother. Anyway, hung out with Amanda and Danielle today, then watched Bill Nye the Science Guy with Sarah. That show is for kids with ADD, I tell ya! They are never on the same shot for more than 5 seconds, always jumping around, yelling at'cha.


Video of the Day: Ahahaha, the story of Tea Party candidate Christine O'Donnell just gets better and better. The Tea Party is trying to do everything they can to turn America back as many centuries as it can. There's *literally* a witch hunt going on now, since it became public that Delaware Tea Party Senate Candidate Christine O'Donnell "dabbled in witchcraft"... This past weekend btw, SNL parodied this.



Picture of the Day: Oh my goodness. First, the picture needs no further description than Justin Bieber was at Hooters (ROFL...) Second, ya'll should be thankful that I'm the dedicated kind of blogger than just Google image searched Justin Bieber -.- to find the highest quality version of this picture. Which wasn't easy, this seems to be it oddly.


Song of the Day: Amanda was looking through my iPod earlier and noted that, aside from the "Are we Human, or are we Dancer_" song, I am missing all the The Killers songs that I like. So in honor of adding those, I'm gonna go with... "Mr. Brightside" by The Killers. Hm, I've never looked too closely into this song... interesting meaning/lyrics...



Quotes of the Day: While randomly googling just now, I found this interesting quote from the Qur'an I wish more people would take to heart.

The Qur'an says "Revile not ye those whom they call upon besides Allah, lest they out of spite revile Allah in their ignorance." (6:108) I interpret this to mean: "Don't revile those who believe in others besides Allah, because they may, out of spite for you, revile Allah." I like this! If only this was in the Bible somewhere :(

But on a lighter note, Amanda said something funny earlier when she saw the Bill Nye DVD in my car. "Bill Nye, HE'S NOT A SCI-[ENCE GUY]" lol -- she saw the Disney logo, and meant to say something along the lines of "a Disney Show" but at the same time was reading the cover and it crossed paths in her head. She stopped herself midword, but we were already cracking up laughing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Analysis: "The Worst Witch: The Movie"

Losing all my Drive

Observations on Captain Kirk's Quarters