Palin, Perry & Peacock

Well, it's been a hectic week for me. Lots of crazy going on. But things appear to be beginning to settle thankfully.

My Japanese class got canceled, which left me with not-enough credits and class starting Monday. I went in, and think I have a method of fixing it an enrolling in a "Modern Regional Geography" class - which I imagine is something like learning where all the countries are and their capitals, lol, which I would have a blast doing! In the spare time I had fixing that crisis, I straightened out my financial aid which is all set and good now.

Star Trek update: finally found time to play Star Trek: Online the other day, and they've added a whole bunch of new "diplomacy" missions - so its not all shooting and fighting any more, but it's got puzzle-y ambassadorial missions too now. Woo n.n I'm happy. I was doing a Diplomacy mission on Vulcan when I noticed the Vulcan writing on a pillar looked familiar...


! (The black and white is a reversed image from Memory Alpha, the Star Trek wiki. Some fan drew that as an example of Vulcan writing, and they used it in the game! I find that so cool. n.n I didn't make it, but I have asked the person who did make it to make a few alien language images before.

Song of the Day: "Peacock" by Katy Perry. Oh my god Katy Perry, really? This is just... crazy. It's apparently about a guy who brags about his "peacock" ...... -_-..... remember the days when people were clever with their innuendo? Anyway. The song progresses and apparently he wasn't exaggerating. Based on how dumb this song is, I have no doubt it will be the next Katy Perry single. Choice lyrics below...



"I wanna see your peacock, cock, cock
Your peacock, cock
Your peacock, cock, cock
Your peacock
I wanna see your peacock, cock, cock
Your peacock, cock
Your peacock, cock, cock
Your peacock
Word on the street, you got somethin' to show me, ee
Magical, colorful, Mr. Mystery, ee
I'm intrigued, for a peek, Heard it's fascinating...."

News Article of the Day: 11 College that give students iPads!

Quote of the Day: Bahaha, you know someone I haven't mentioned in a while time I feel?

"Ground Zero Mosque supporters: doesn't it stab you in the heart, as it does ours throughout the heartland? Peaceful Muslims, pls [please] refudiate."
Sarah Palin, on plans to build an Islamic community center near Ground Zero, via Twitter, July 18, 2010

To which normal people responded "refudiate?" To which Palin responded...

"'Refudiate,' 'misunderestimate,' 'wee-wee'd up.' English is a living language. Shakespeare liked to coin new words too. Got to celebrate it!"
—Tweet, July 18, 2010

Comments

Patsy said…
http://breathingiseasy.blogspot.com/2010/08/dont-kiss-me-while-im-alphabetizing.html
Do you and Dan read each other's blogs?

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Analysis: "The Worst Witch: The Movie"

Losing all my Drive

Observations on Captain Kirk's Quarters