I Had a Dream...

Let me start with: I HAD A DREAM THAT HILLARY CALLED ME! xD She wanted to congratulate me on getting the internship I wanted (I refuse to get my hopes too high up though, still, I want that internship sooo bad!) And I wanted to make sure I wasn't getting a joke played on me so I asked her what Bill's middle name was, lol. That's really all I remember. Then elsewhere in the dream it was raining and I was in a hospital in my house; this was loosely affected by the Mystery Science Theater DVD menu music playing in the background while I napped I'm sure.


btw: I have two classes with Natalie this semester, and she attended a committee meeting that Hillary was at! She corrected our teacher about some minute trivial thing and mentioned to me she remembered that day because she knew I would want her to report back to me on Hillary's pantsuit -- which was powder blue btw, lol. But speaking of my classes:

Well, 1 week down. Dozens to go. The numbers don't really matter, I'm just ready to really get this semester started. I'm hovering around that area I like to be in - where I don't have any dire work to do right away, I have some that I could be doing and probably should that is not high priority, and a huge list of very low priority things that need to get taken care of *eventually...* And it's only 1 week into the new semester! Lol.

My classes this semester are blah. After Japanese got canceled, I was left with 12 credit hours - dangerously low for a Education major. But I fixed it, and now I've got busy days pretty much every day. Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays: American Congress and American Presidency, followed by 2 hours of office duty in Student Government. Tuesdays & Thursdays: 9:15 am "World Regional Geography", International Politics & Institutions (NATO, UN, etc.) and "Educational Implementation" which is a joke x_x our first two days consisted of coloring and show and tell.

This weekend was the anniversary of Rev. Martin Luther King jr.'s "I have a Dream" speech. Unfortunately, annoying conservative dumb ass Glenn Beck attempted to commandeer the anniversary by staging some form of Tea Party protest/sermon on the steps of the Lincoln memorial. I won't go into further detail, just annoyed with conservatives. In response, helped mom to donate money to the re-elect Ted Strickland for Governor campaign - lol.

News Article of the Day: Former Alaska Governor and Republican VP nominee Sarah Palin's daughter, Bristol, the one who historically got pregnant, engaged, then broke it off during the 2008 election -- has joined the cast of Dancing with the Stars! She'll be joining David Hasselhoff and Mike "The Situation (from Jersey Shore.)"

Remarkable Fact: Betty White refuses to play a character that endorses/does dope or drugs.

Now wait a minute - I legitimately am curious how Mrs. White has reemerged on the entertainment stage in this past year, lol. It started with the Facebook campaign to get her on SNL, and now she's apparently on some show set in Cleveland? The woman is like 81, lol. I'm not gonna lie, she's hilarious in everything I've seen her in, I'm just curious where this random popularity stemmed from.

I mean, this shirt was available at Hot Topic for pete's sakes! Which if Sarah doesn't watch out I may just buy it for her, lol...

Song of the Day: Not Like the Movies by Katy Perry. From her new "Teenage Dreams" album, this song is about how love and life isn't like you're led to believe it will be by movies or television. An interesting topic, especially when I consider myself pretty naive in life in a number of ways, hoping for the best, the way I kinda taught myself from TV and movies. The song is alot slower and piano-er than some of her pop hits, but the message means more than things like "I Kissed a Girl" and "Ur So Gay" -- Katy Perry seems to be hit or miss when it comes to finding a deeper meaning in songs. Choice lyrics:
"If it's not like the movies,
Thats how it should be.
When he's the one,
He'll come undone,
And my world will stop spinning,
And thats just the beginning.

'Cause I know you're out there,
And your, your love came for me.
It's a crazy idea that you were made,
Perfectly for me you'll see..."

Comments

Patsy said…
I know exactly who your ed. imp teacher is from the words "coloring and show and tell"
Sarah said…
OMG, that would be AMAZING if you got me that shirt. My love would = my current love + my love for Betty White. Which also = infinity. "Just let her stay home and lez!"- Betty White

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Analysis: "The Worst Witch: The Movie"

Losing all my Drive

Observations on Captain Kirk's Quarters