Andrew Gets a Ticket

So today went interestingly. Got like 4 hours of sleep, had to be up crazy early for our numerous service projects - but cleaning up at Salvation Army went well, and was kinda interesting. After that went out to Cedar Point with Sarah, Amanda and Van der Kamp and Kyuhun (who it turns out brought two Japanese lady friends!) Which meant I got to practice the tiny Japanese I know, lol. But even though it was Hallo-weekends, I would say we had pretty good time rode alot of rides considering.

BLAH, but had to work at 4am and we stayed till like 10:30, so I was deeeeead tired driving back while the girls were asleep. Though I avoided falling asleep at the wheel, I got pulled over and got a speeding ticket for 79 mph - ARrr. Considering how often I average 80mph, Karma was bound to catch up with me but still - my opinion of today despite how much fun it was was blaahed. After some googling into fighting tickets (some) I'll have to read the thing closer to figure out what I want to do.

Now I'm working 4-8am, watching things and The West Wing season 1 DVD's. Ah, I miss politics. President Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize the other day - how crazy is that!? Only 2 other sitting Presidents have received the Nobel Peace Prize, Theodore Roosevelt and Woodrow Wilson. Jimmy Carter won it after his Presidency. I dunno, I don't think he was the Best choice, but if they selected him I'm not going to argue. Their reasoning seems to be based on his idea of international cooperation, his message to the international community to repair America's image abroad. Not so much for actual achievement towards peace, as he was nominated only 2 weeks into his Presidency and no democrat's going to say he was deserving already. But I think the idea can be summed up by this quote from a spokesman at the State Department: "Better to be thrown accolades than shoes." (cite)


Woo! I actually just saw a report on something on the news I think I'll mention about.
"WASHINGTON -- President Obama -- confronting gay critics who expected his administration to have done more by now on gay rights issues -- said Saturday night he understands their impatience with him and vowed to deliver on his pledges, including ending the military's "don't ask, don't tell" policy. (cite)
Woohoo, I am a strong supporter of repealing that particular rule. It is one many changes in government I would like to see in the near future, one by one President Obama is addressing every day it seems! Earlier they were more interesting, and it's been a couple months of boring and health care, but I hope the President is successful in repealing Don't Ask, Don't Tell and quickly - and hopefully manages a public option in Health Care.

Quotes of the Day:
"I want to have a boat that does both, one that goes on water!" - Sarah

"You are Teacher's cat." - Van der Kamp's attempt at "teacher's pet"

Song of the Day: "Love Drunk" by Boys Like Girls. This song has been stuck in my head since I made Kyuhun and Van der Kamp those CD's! I like it alot for some reason, and it actually has some interesting lyrics. Played it on my phone while I was cleaning Salvation Army.

"I used to be love drunk, but now I'm hungover
I love you forever, but now it's over

All the time I wasted on you
All the bullshit you put me through
I'm checking into rehab 'cause everything that we had
Didn't mean a thing to you

I used to be love drunk, but now I'm hungover
I love you forever, but now I'm sober "

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Analysis: "The Worst Witch: The Movie"

Losing all my Drive

Observations on Captain Kirk's Quarters