2010: The Next Senator From Ohio

As I'm sure we all remember from elementary school social studies, each state has two Senators. Currently, Ohio is represented by Senators George Voinovich (R) and Sherrod Brown (D). Well, Sen. Voinovich has announced he will not be running for reelection in 2010 - so you can imagine the Democrats are eager to win the seat!

The race is basically down to two Democrats for the primary, of who will face the Republican in the final race. The Republican, by the way, is Rob Portman - President Bush's former budget director ([cite].) The two Dem's are: current Ohio Secretary of State (of the State) Jennifer Brunner (Brew-ner) and current Lieutenant Governor Lee Fisher (ie: Vice Governor). Fisher is receiving alot of important endorsements, such as from Governor Strickland and Mayor of Akron Don Plusquellic (along with plenty others) but Brunner is definitely showing more momentum among the volunteer base. If she won, Brunner would be the first woman Senator from Ohio - but obviously this isn't reason enough to support her over Fisher.

I admit, I do not know much about state politics -- but I want to better educate myself, and the few readers I have so they may be better informed who best represents their views in 2010.

Quote of the Day: I went to Verizon to get my phone plan fixed (it did some, but I have much more to fix unfortunately...) while waiting like 20 minutes, I overheard an employee and a customers conversation.

Customer: "Do you make good money?"
Verizon Lady: "I made good money when I worked at a school near no restaurants, right now I work between a Chipotle and a Starbucks - and I am broke and fat. But happy!"

Song of the Day: Kanye West is a jackass. Song of the day? "You Belong With Me" by Taylor Swift, the actual winner of the Best Female Music Video Award. I watched the music video, also Single Ladies, and Taylor Swift's is waaay better. Single Ladies is a fun song to make fun of, but you don't take it seriously.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Analysis: "The Worst Witch: The Movie"

Losing all my Drive

Observations on Captain Kirk's Quarters