Tonight's the Knight

Oh. Desperate for a clever title, I settled for that. So last night me, moon, nata, panda and dan (sort of nicknames and aliases I guess) went out to a supposedly-"haunted" castle in Willoughby Hills in the middle of the night. First off, yay for getting to hang with Renata! I never get to cause she's busy.

Because it was night, (night, knight, it's a castle-- get it) the pictures did not come out very good at all unfortunately.

In this one you can see a camera glare in the fireplace and by the window. If the "haunted" stories are true, I guess some ghost hunters believe these to be the ghosts/spirits? I dunno, I think its the flash reflecting off the water particulars in the air, it was a very misty night.

The story apparently goes, that (Oh-- this place is called "Squires Castle" btw, and its in a Cleveland Metropark) turn-of-the-century Cleveland Oil Tycoon Squire built the castle to serve as the groundsmens house for *his* huge-uber castle mansion. During construction, he lived in this castle as a summer home with his wife - who died. He then gave up on the idea, and it remained unfinished. The rumors are his wife died in some fashion by the fire place, there are actually a variety of rumors, many appear to be false - but entertaining none the less!

Haha, I think I'll keep the printed out directions and ghost story I put together for this place (always the chief of Research and Development, I am ;) and give'm to Dave. He and his friends don't seem to go on any adventures. How boring.

Quotes of the Day:
Danielle: "He took his virginity... of the butt." (lmao -- Had to be there. But she said this with a completely straight face, and me and 'nata cracked up!)

Danielle: [At newly discovered 24-hour donut place, Danielle stares intently at a TV showing images of them making the fresh donuts in the back.] (completely serious) "...that's not how they make donuts!"
Me: "...no, they faked the footage just for those monitors - like the moon landing."

Song of the Day: "Self Inflicted" by Katy Perry. The Katy Perry CD is one of the few CD's I listen to the not-so-popular songs off of, also Black Eyed Pea's "The End" which I actually bought (I don't buy many CD's, so that's a great honor.) But I like the song Self Inflicted because every time I hear part of it I think of my fave Secretary of State Hillary Clinton! We all remember Hillary's lifelong policy devotion. I'm not quite sure what the actual lyrics are, but when I hear it I hear...
"I can't help Health Care if I lose..."

Song of Yesterday: "I Gotta Feeling" by Black Eyed Peas. My favorite song off they're new CD "The End" which I bought at Target the day it came out for 10 bucks and got a bonus CD with it n.n This song is like, the theme song of my summer with the Summer gang (Brit, Sarah, Danielle, Amanda.) Hm, I'm considering how much of the lyrics I want to put up. I'll try to summarize, cause just so much of it is good! Ah what the heck, here's the lyrics link.

"I gotta feeling
That tonight's gonna be a good night
That tonight's gonna be a good night
That tonight's gonna be a good good night...

Tonight's the night
Let's live it up
I got my money
Let's spend it up

Go out and smash it
Like Oh My God!..."

Comments

Patsy said…
so, I don't have time to read them all now, but seriously Andrew, save some abandoned places to visit with me in August! Don't go see them all now!

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Analysis: "The Worst Witch: The Movie"

Losing all my Drive

Observations on Captain Kirk's Quarters